A First Time For Everything [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 4:53:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A heart in the hands of a broken man, it juggled about between present and past. It fought against chains that sometimes snaked around it, and other times it found root in shimmering hopes, a promise sometimes never meant.

But what of the heart of one still innocent, if he gave himself to one who was not?

Elisha's brain ticked through such thoughts, skipping count of the seconds that passed. Eager hope and anxious anticipation — Elisha finished up at the stove, placing a jar of salsa and a bag of nacho chips on the counter. Holding his phone to his face. Tapping his feet. Scrolling and hoping as he waited. A pot of tea whistled its last breath. He read that being stood up could be a thing, and hoped that it would not be a thing.

Otto was his name. Dark skin, much less rugged than Elisha. Elisha's only context for this kind of thing was from his childhood, the curious acts of exploration that he shared with a close friend, and in his imagination of what their meeting would soon be like, Otto's image slipped into the place of that friend. A shake of the head cleared his thoughts, even reminded him to cut his hair. He rushed and rushed, and even still, the doorbell rang before he finished up in the shower.

Quick, tying a towel around his body, his footprints decorating hardwood floor, Elisha opened the door.

One hand secured the towel, while the other hand motioned inside. His attention remained on Otto's chest. "Hello. I do hope that the wooloo and dubwool bothered you only slightly. I prefer to let them free roam. Typically well-behaved. And houndour and lycanroc are a great help. Come in, please?"

His pokemon are only listed cause they're on the farm, so I'd like you to know what they do. I don't plan to use them.

@otto

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 17:49:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

There was always going to be pain in trying to bury the past. Looking back at its still face before being one with the flowers of memorial as bright as the times of joy now spent. Still, they couldn't keep mourning what couldn't be changed; moving onward wouldn't be easy at first but no journey began without leaving comforts.

The Alolan looked to connections via their phone as his Espeon helped him filter through possible suitors. As she knew what Otto thought before he did, Amaltheia was snide and unforgiving in her opinion on their profiles and aura in their posture. <<Eugh. Nobody is impressed by that skimpy Magikarp. Camera angle does him no favors either.>> She retches in telepathy, cleansing her velvet face as if she had been slapped with the fish pokemon. Otto sighs, seeing there was only four other people that the Espeon would admit to see her human and not a one seemed to share interest. The next person in the quota had made that problem seem less troubling.

"Hey, Amaltheia. How about him?" The pokemon lifts her head, eyes alight in interest as she and her trainer took in the stranger's appearance. He seemed well built and was responsible enough to handle a farm in Oldale Town. He was a year younger than Otto, but it wasn't a number too far out of their range for a potential partner. They looked to the violet feline who had yet to find a trait to be petty over. <<Hmm. Why don't we see if he responds to a message.>>

It felt like they had been caught in a whirlwind, the moments between sending a simple "hello" to now meeting Elisha at his residence. The Wooloo and Dubwool bleat in curiosity at the odd person waltzing through their home. Some gather in clutches along the fence, soulful beady eyes looking for any feed that may be in their bejeweled hands. The Espeon remained out of her pokeball, a brightly colored service vest showing off she was here for Otto's reassurance and safety. Otto felt as if he were a flock of startled Butterfree beneath a sheet of a human mirage; it was exciting to meet people that may take interest in them, but prison had filed their nerves to be on edge when in an unfamiliar place.

Amaltheia's tail coiled around his calf, reminding him to breathe and don't let bad experiences inflict self-doubt. With a deep breath, Otto rang the doorbell. There was hardly a moment to let the Espeon's encouragement seep in before @elisha draped himself across the threshold of his home. He was quite built with a imposing yet mysterious feel upon first seeing him face-to-face. Otto's breath had been stolen away, his own sheperds having to corral words to their mouth as they were invited in. "Oh, they were just seeing who was visiting. They all have such sweet faces, I'd be out petting them all day." They smile as they walk inside Eli's home, taking in the decor.

@elisha
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 22:32:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The rumble in Elisha's throat, plus the way that he grinned and nodded, spoke the pride that he felt towards his farm pokemon. It skipped his awareness whether Otto spotted it or not.

Petting the wooloo was a good idea, but the dubwool not so much, so Elisha made sure to offer it up as something they could do after they cooched and dooshed — which he actually called it, and this time fully aware of the potential social effect. He often group chatted with his friends from his teen years and they never stopped teasing him about it. His innocence, they said, was the main reason why he needed to get laid.

"I have tea in the kitchen. Salsa and chips, too. I know that they don't go together but, two extremes — it increases the chances that I might give you something that you like."

He called passimian from the back, waking it from sleep, and asked it to help Otto. To Otto, he said that passimian could bring everything, or that Otto could let it guide him. And that perhaps there was something in his fridge, pantry, or cabinets that Otto might prefer more.

"I will change, and into something a lot less scandalous, and much more fitting for the occassion. I apologize for the wait, but will try to make it quick."

@otto

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times